The Down Payment & Closing Cost Assistance Program
The Housing Network of Rhode Island, in partnership with the City of Providence, provides up to $20,000 of Down Payment and Closing Cost Assistance to income eligible homebuyers purchasing in the City of Providence.
Application fee: $200
To apply for this program, applicants must:
- Have a signed Purchase and Sales agreement
- Contribute at least $1,500 of their own funds to the transaction
- Use the home as their primary residence
- Meet the programs current underwriting standards for front end (38%) – and back- end (45%) ratios
- Be purchasing a single, two or three family home in the City of Providence at a sales price that does not exceed the following limits:
For other questions, please email Niva Barros at email@example.com.