ADVOCACY AND CIVIC ENGAGEMENT MANAGER
Posted SEPTEMBER 26, 2023
Overview of Position: HNRI is seeking a passionate, dynamic and seasoned individual to help develop and implement activities that will advance the objectives of the organization’s broader advocacy, community engagement and organizing efforts. The person in this role will lead organizational and coalition-wide efforts to conduct grassroots organizing, civic engagement / capacity building and advocacy campaigns. This role may supervise interns.
Lead voter outreach, education, and civic-capacity building initiatives: Working with stakeholders including HNRI membership and Homes RI, develop and implement strategies to engage, educate and mobilize voters and potential voters on issues concerning housing and homelessness and voting access, prioritizing people most affected by housing insecurity and voting barriers.
- Utilize a variety of approaches to connect with people including in-person meetings, info sessions, community events, print and digital media, canvassing, phone banking, and more.
- Identify opportunities to support or host voter registration efforts.
- Work with team members to design and share relevant voter information across multiple platforms (website, social media, print materials, etc.).
- Support leadership development, capacity, and knowledge building among partners.
- Identify methods and sources of data to effectively target constituents and maximize efforts and recommend tools to track progress.
- Support recruitment and relationship building with people and organizations that share values on housing and voter access.
- Coordinate with partners to train staff and volunteers to support outreach and voter engagement activities.
- Identify opportunities to engage candidates and elected officials on housing issues and help plan and execute events to promote candidate and elected engagement with partners and community members.
Support advocacy, policy reform and partnerships that are relevant to HNRI and Homes RI policy priorities: Working with HNRI members and Homes RI stakeholders, support education and advocacy on affordable homes with elected officials, community members, and cross-sector partners.
- Collaborate with HNRI leadership and stakeholders to implement cross-issue advocacy strategy
- Support the implementation of a cohesive communications strategy relative to policy priorities and advocacy goals
- Design advocacy-centered workshops and events
- Identify and implement ways to expand digital advocacy through tools such as Action Network and phone and text-based software
- Develop and implement a work plan that responds to Homes RI advocacy goals and community identified housing and civic engagement priorities
- Represent HNRI and Homes RI at meetings and community events as required.
Help develop systems to track activities and outcomes on engagement. Work closely with HNRI colleagues and external stakeholders to set up systems to measure progress and outcomes on advocacy and organizing activities, as well as produce reports, policy briefs and data reports as relevant.
To Apply: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis until the position is filled. For serious consideration, applicants should send a cover letter describing your interest in, and relevant experience for, the position and a resume with work history.
Please send your application to Ms. Katie West at HR@housingnetworkri.org and include the position title in the subject of your e-mail.